Diagnostic Cardiac Services, Close to Home
Bristow Medical Center offers a range of outpatient testing services for cardiac conditions, including:
- Cardiac Stress Test. You will walk on a treadmill to monitor your heart, pulse and blood pressure during exercise to detect the presence of coronary artery disease.
- Computed Tomography (CT Scan). This painless, sophisticated, non-invasive procedure uses radiation and computer technology to create a detailed, cross-sectional picture of your heart and blood vessels.
- Ultrasonic waves are used to produce images of your heart’s valves and chambers. It’s most often used to diagnose heart function and structural abnormalities.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG). This quick, non-invasive test records the electrical activity of your heart, shows abnormal rhythms and detects signs of heart attack or heart damage.
- Holter Monitor. This small, portable, battery-powered EKG machine is worn on your body to record your heartbeats over a 24- to 48-hour period.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). A powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer are used to produce clear, detailed images of your heart and surrounding tissues.
- Cardiac and vascular ultrasound. Sound waves are used to examine your blood vessels and detect signs of a dilatation or blockage.