The Latest in Diagnostic Imaging
Bristow Medical Center provides a broad range of sophisticated diagnostic and treatment-related imaging services, including one of the areas only open MRIs. Our services include:
- Bone Density Testing (Dexa). This painless exam uses special, highly-sensitive X-rays to measure the grams of calcium and other minerals in your bones. The higher the level, the stronger your bones—and the less likely you are to develop osteoporosis.
- CT Scan. Computed tomography, more commonly known as CT, is a painless, sophisticated, non-invasive procedure that uses radiation and computer technology to create a detailed, cross-sectional picture of your internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels.
- MRI. Using a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer, this painless and sophisticated imaging tool produces clear, detailed images of your internal organs, ligaments, cartilage and other soft tissues and body structures. It is especially useful in diagnosing shoulder, back, knee and neck injuries, as well as for detecting brain and spinal cord problems.
- PET Scan. Positron Emission Tomography, or PET, is a highly-advanced technology that can pinpoint abnormal cell growth and activity. The detailed images this scan produces can help physicians detect and diagnose diseases in their earliest stages, when they are more easily treated. Combined with a CT scan, it can be especially useful in detecting heart and brain abnormalities, as well as in diagnosing and staging various forms of cancer by showing the exact location of tumors.
- Ultrasound. This safe, painless procedure uses high-frequency sound waves and their echoes to create detailed images of your soft tissue and other body parts. It is an especially effective tool to examine your kidneys, liver and uterus.
- X-ray. This quick, painless form of imaging is used to create film or digital pictures of your bones, soft tissue and other body structures. It’s commonly used to diagnose broken bones and other causes of pain.